Friday, August 2, 2013

The work of God, like a dream!

While working on my Bible study on Psalm 126, I was reminded of something that happened several years ago that seemed to good to be true. Our car had broken down and had to be abandoned...no fix. I was using a red wagon to walk to the grocery store for food and then a friend graciously loaned us their car (thanks again Tim and Jan Ritchie) My attitude was pretty good until Don's truck broke down...that was the last straw and I cried and told God it was just too much! Then one night as we were locking up the house for bed, I found a large envelope taped to our door...in it were papers for a car...a station wagon for our large family was parked out front...a gift from friends at our church. I was amazed and Don and I laughed and cried. The next day I asked my PA mother why God didn't give us the car when I was being good. Why did He wait until I was complaining? She just said, "God loves to give good gifts to His children." Psalm 126 brought to mind that time when I thought I must be dreaming (read it from the Message Bible). Friends bought us a car??? Too amazing and wonderful to imagine. Thank you again dear friends (we still don't know who they are, only that they were from SBBC). Verse 4 says "And now God, do it again:...God knows what I have been asking for. Tim and Charity are getting a room ready for Abigail. She plans to move in with them in September when she is released. That is not the only request I have sown in tears. "So those who went off with heavy hearts will come home laughing, with armloads of blessing." Please God!

No comments:

Post a Comment