Friday, August 7, 2009

Just kiss him!

Every woman wants to be pursued. I think this statement is true. I want to be shown every day that I am loved and cherished and wanted. What happens when our mate "stops" showing those things. Since I have married 35 years, I have probably handled this about every way possible. I have complained, made my requests known, sulked, stormed, gotten stuck in sadness. I have taken the lead....ok, if he isn't going to kiss me when he comes in from work, I will kiss him. If he doesn't kiss me before going to bed, I will make the effort to kiss him. Oh, but I don't always want to be the one taking the lead, ummmm, maybe he really doesn't want me in his face. Maybe he doesn't even like me today. Ever have these thoughts? I do.

I have wasted a lot of time longing to be loved and pursued in particular ways. I have wasted a lot of time waiting for him to see me. Satan has told me a lot of lies that I have believed. Here are some facts: I am loved, first by God my Abba and also by my husband.
That love is there whether I feel it or not.
My sweet husband is very sensitive to my vibes.
He has also been caught by Satan's lies which were spoken
some very key people in his life.
I too, have a filter of past baggage.

So what do I do? Believe in God's great love for me. Let him fill me to overflowing as we spend time together (this is the most important thing I can do in my day). Believe God's truth instead of Satan's lies. Stop dwelling on who is loving more or first, just let the love of God flow out onto my sweetheart. Assume he likes it unless he tells me differently (yeah, like that's going to happen...."stop loving me so much Beverly!") And finally, leave the results to God. I know it is hard to DO without having expectations of what we will RECEIVE as a result. This is my challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment