Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Truth moment...

Had a "truth" moment last night during Old Testament class. I call them "truth" moments because it happens when truths come together and my heart gets it! Dan calls them epiphanies. In walking through Abraham's life (the ups and downs) the last few weeks we arrived at Gen. 15:17...God made or solidified the covenant with Himself while Abraham was sleeping. This covenant was based upon the very character of God, not the character of Abraham. It hit me that my salvation is based on the same...the very character of God Himself. Christ drew me and will not lose any that the Father has given Him. Not only does that reinforce the love of God for me, but also for my children. I can rest in that same power and though I have responsibilities, Christ's pursuit of my children is not dependent on me. Don has said that he wants "Born a rebel, died a servant" on his tombstone. I think mine should read "She learned to rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment